Yankees’ Cody Bellinger, Paul Goldschmidt return as Giancarlo Stanton sits again

The New York Yankees are getting some backup! In their previous game against the St. Louis Cardinals, outfielder Cody Bellinger and first baseman Paul Goldschmidt were out of the starting lineup. The Yankees managed to win the game 12-8, and now they are set to bring back two of their best hitters.

On the announcement of the Yankees’ line-up for their game against the Cardinals, fans will notice that both Bellinger and Goldschmidt were listed to play at right field and first base, respectively. However, Giancarlo Stanton, who has missed the last two games due to injury, was not listed.

Sunday in St. Louis.#RepBX pic.twitter.com/ka1M5FQQGd

— New York Yankees (@Yankees) August 17, 2025

Bellinger (illness) and Goldschmidt (knee sprain) were both held out of the 12-8 win against the Cardinals. That being said, the latter was available to come off the bench yesterday, which is a good indication of the latter’s health. Stanton, on the other hand, will most likely not play after three days of playing straight.

Stanton, when asked about the injury, said that no particular body part was bothering him, but it was just general soreness.

“I’m available to pinch-hit,” he said, per Greg Joyce.

Boone and Stanton were also mum on whether the latter would play right field in their next series against the Tampa Bay Rays. However, the Yankees head coach said that he doesn’t think Stanton’s current condition will result in a stint in the IR.

The Yankees are currently holding on to the last Wild Card spot in the American League. It’s been a tumultuous season for the Pinstripes, especially coming off an appearance in the World Series last year. With just a 2.5 game difference separating them from the Cleveland Guardians, they’re hoping for a clean bill of health from all of their current starters.

Related Posts

🚨 BREAKING BOSTON DESPERATELY NEEDS A SPARK — After a frustrating start filled with offensive struggles, the Red Sox are now counting on one infielder to finally break out at the plate before the season begins slipping away, with pressure building fast inside Fenway Park 👀🔥👇👇👇

PRESSURE BUILDING IN BOSTON: RED SOX DESPERATELY NEED CALEB DURBIN TO WAKE UP OFFENSIVELY BEFORE SEASON SLIPS FURTHER AWAY The growing frustration surrounding the Boston Red Sox…

🚨 BREAKING PANIC IS GROWING IN THE BRONX — Yankees ace Max Fried has reportedly made a worrying admission about his injury situation, instantly sending concern through New York as fans fear the team’s championship hopes could already be facing a serious threat before the season reaches its most important stretch 👀💔👇👇👇

Getty Max Fried and Aaron Boone confer in the dugout as the Yankees navigate Fried’s uncertain injury recovery timeline following his IL placement with a left elbow…

🚨 BREAKING MATTHEW BOYD UPDATE JUST CHANGED THE MOOD IN CHICAGO — The latest injury news surrounding Matthew Boyd is already grabbing the attention of Cubs fans everywhere, with growing belief that the veteran left-hander’s situation could have a major impact on Chicago’s pitching plans moving forward 👀🔥👇👇👇

The Chicago Cubs have been without Matthew Boyd in the starting rotation since he was placed on the 15-day IL on May 6. After being given a…

🚨 BREAKING ANOTHER MAJOR BLOW HITS BOSTON — Red Sox fans are anxiously searching for answers after Trevor Story’s sudden injury situation reportedly forced the veteran infielder toward the injured list, creating fresh concern about the stability of Boston’s infield at a critical point in the season 👀💔👇👇👇

RED SOX DISASTER GROWS: TREVOR STORY HEADED TO INJURED LIST AS BOSTON’S NIGHTMARE SEASON CONTINUES TO SPIRAL The nightmare season for the Boston Red Sox just took…

🚨 BREAKING PAUL O’NEILL JUST TOUCHED THE HEART OF NEW YORK — Yankees legend Paul O’Neill has reportedly donated $300,000 to a cancer relief fund in an emotional gesture that is bringing the Bronx to tears, with fans everywhere deeply moved after his powerful words: “I understand what that pain feels like…” 👀💔👇👇👇

In a moment that silenced the baseball world, Paul O’Neill — a legend associated with the golden age of the New York Yankees — announced a $300,000…

Gіаntѕ Predіcted To End Fаіled Rаfаel Deverѕ Exрerіment

іMаGe: аtlаntа Brаveѕ cаtcher ѕeаn Murрhy (12) lookѕ аt the ѕаn Frаncіѕco Gіаntѕ dugout аfter beіng hіt by а ріtch іn the fіrѕt іnnіng аt Truіѕt раrk….