🚨 LATEST NEWS: Red Sox’ Alex Cora Announces Marcelo Mayer Update on Friday

After losing five of their last seven games, the Boston Red Sox will return home for a weekend series against the Miami Marlins as they look to get back on track. This will be the only time both teams go head-to-head this season.

Heading into Friday’s game, both teams are in completely different positions. While Boston is holding onto the second AL Wild Card and still aiming to take the AL East crown away from the Toronto Blue Jays, the Marlins are six games back of an NL Wild Card spot.

Though the Red Sox have been one of the hottest teams in baseball over the past couple of months, they have been struggling in recent games. However, things may be looking up as manager Alex Cora provided a big update on infielder Marcelo Mayer, saying he is now “taking dry swings.”

“Alex Cora says Marcelo Mayer has begun taking dry swings but it’s still unclear whether or not he’ll be able to return this season,” Mac Cerullo of the Boston Herald wrote on X.

Mayer has not appeared in a game for Boston since July 23 due to a wrist sprain. With him on the shelf, the Red Sox have relied on players like Alex Bregman, Romy Gonzalez, and even outfielder Ceddanne Rafaela to make up for his absence in the infield.

Marcelo Mayer Has a Bright Future in Boston

The California native has only appeared in 44 games for the Red Sox since getting called up in May, but it is already becoming clear that he has a lot of promise and can be a long-term contributor for the team.

Mayer has a lot of potential, especially considering he is just 22 years old. While he still leaves a lot to be desired, particularly when batting against lefties, he has shown flashes throughout his time in the majors so far. Furthermore, he was beginning to find his footing before suffering his injury.

As Boston looks to return to the playoffs for the first time since 2021, getting Mayer back would provide a huge boost for them. However, it is also best for the team to play it cautiously, which it seems they are doing.

The Red Sox are built to be legitimate contenders for the foreseeable future. This is especially true given Roman Anthony’s fantastic rookie season. While the team will want Mayer to return as soon as possible, he is even more important to their future, which looks very bright at the moment.

Related Posts

Report news!! Baltimore Orioles Reportedly Exploring Trade Options for Rising Star Coby Mayo and Slugger Ryan Mountcastle in Potential Roster Shake-Up

The Baltimore Orioles are entering Spring Training with a crowded roster and difficult decisions looming, as trade speculation continues to surround both Coby Mayo and Ryan Mountcastle….

UPDATE NEWS!! Braves reportedly lose $22M Cy Young-caliber arm to Diamondbacks as rotation nightmare grows

The Atlanta Braves have officially entered their second week of Spring Training with hopes of returning to the postseason after narrowly missing out last year. However, early…

🚨 BOMBSHELL: Michael Harris II fires off a powerful message ahead of 2026 — and it sounds like a warning wrapped in confidence. The young star says last year’s setbacks haven’t shaken belief inside the Atlanta Braves clubhouse. If they back it up, the NL could be in for a rude awakening. 👇👇👇

The Atlanta Braves enter the 2026 season with something to prove after an uncharacteristically disappointing campaign.But according to Michael Harris II, the mission has not changed —…

Injury Woes Return for the Atlanta Braves: Rotation Takes Another Hit, Fans Fear Repeat of Last Season

The early optimism surrounding spring training is already fading for the Atlanta Braves as the 2026 MLB season approaches. What began as a hopeful and energetic start…

🚨 CONFIRM HOLLYWOOD HOMECOMING HITS STRAIGHT TO THE HEART AS KIKÉ HERNÁNDEZ RETURNS TO THE DODGERS AND HIS PARENTS BREAK DOWN IN TEARS OF PURE PRIDE, а full cіrcle moment thаt turnѕ а roѕter move іnto аn emotіonаl fаmіly trіumрh under the brіght lіghtѕ of Loѕ Angeleѕ. Whаt feelѕ lіke а ѕіmрle ѕіgnіng ѕuddenly becomeѕ а ѕtory of ѕаcrіfіce, belіef, аnd unfіnіѕhed buѕіneѕѕ аѕ fаnѕ flood tіmelіneѕ celebrаtіng the reunіon. In а cіty buіlt on ѕtаrѕ, thіѕ comebаck cаrrіeѕ ѕomethіng deeрer thаn bаѕebаll аnd the emotіon іѕ іmрoѕѕіble to іgnore. 👇👇

LOѕ аNGeLeѕ — When newѕ broke thаt the Loѕ аngeleѕ Dodgerѕ hаd offіcіаlly extended the contrаct of verѕаtіle veterаn Kіké Hernández for the 2026 ѕeаѕon, not only…

🚨 EXCLUSIVE FENWAY STUNNED AS SAM KENNEDY BREAKS SILENCE WITH EXPLOSIVE WORDS ON ALEX BREGMAN’S BLOCKBUSTER EXIT TO CHICAGO, the Red Sox CEO’s remarks cutting deep as Boston reels from losing a franchise pillar to a mega contract that rewrites expectations. What sounded like routine executive diplomacy quickly turned into a statement packed with tension, pride, and quiet frustration that fans immediately dissected across every platform. As the Cubs celebrate their headline grab, the aftershocks in Boston may linger far longer than anyone anticipated. 👇👇

BOSTON — When Alex Bregman chose to sign a five-year, $175 million contract with the Chicago Cubs in early January, it wasn’t just his former team, the…