Diamondbacks Star Ready to Help Yankees Win World Series

The New York Yankees need to add a third baseman before the MLB trade deadline, and time is running out. The deadline, which is on July 31, is only getting closer, and the Pinstripes have been connected to a number of names to fill a few holes in the dugout. One of those names is Arizona Diamondbacks veteran Eugenio Suárez.

Suárez, a two-time All-Star including this year, despite his 12-year MLB career, has only been in the post-season three times, according to his stats on MLB.com. With the D-Backs fourth-place record in the NL West (47-50, above only basement of the MLB Colorado Rockies), it’s unlikely his chances at a World Series title are getting any better this year.

However, with a trade to a team like the Yankees that is still hungry after losing to the Los Angeles Dodgers in last year’s World Series, Suárez could see more post-season action. Suárez responded to questions about how he felt about being traded to a playoff-content team like the Yankees as part of media availability surrounding this week’s All-Star festivities.

“I feel like it’s a team that wants to win,” he said. “They had a chance last year but they want it still. If I go over there, like I said, I will do my best over there and try to help them win the World Series.”

Eugenio Suárez is asked about trade rumors, and the Yankees specifically:

“It’s a team that wants to win. They’re hungry still. If I got over there, I would do my best and try to help them win the World Series.” pic.twitter.com/z1SI1KHe6k

— Yankees Videos (@snyyankees) July 14, 2025

Suárez, who is in his second year with Arizona, would be a big get for the Yankees, or any team who needs help at third base. The Pinstripes’ infield has been struggling this season, with Jazz Chisholm Jr. not at his best at third base, the team moved him back to second, resulting in the benching, and eventual designation of infielder DJ LeMahieu.

Not only would Suárez be a valuable fielding addition, he’s slashing a respectable .250/ .320/ .569 this season, so he would fit in will with the Yankees’ stacked hitting lineup. New York has until 6 p.m. on July 31 to make additional trades this season.

Make sure to bookmark Yankees On SI to get all your daily New York Yankees news, interviews, breakdowns and more!

Related Posts

🚨 BREAKING BOSTON DESPERATELY NEEDS A SPARK — After a frustrating start filled with offensive struggles, the Red Sox are now counting on one infielder to finally break out at the plate before the season begins slipping away, with pressure building fast inside Fenway Park 👀🔥👇👇👇

PRESSURE BUILDING IN BOSTON: RED SOX DESPERATELY NEED CALEB DURBIN TO WAKE UP OFFENSIVELY BEFORE SEASON SLIPS FURTHER AWAY The growing frustration surrounding the Boston Red Sox…

🚨 BREAKING PANIC IS GROWING IN THE BRONX — Yankees ace Max Fried has reportedly made a worrying admission about his injury situation, instantly sending concern through New York as fans fear the team’s championship hopes could already be facing a serious threat before the season reaches its most important stretch 👀💔👇👇👇

Getty Max Fried and Aaron Boone confer in the dugout as the Yankees navigate Fried’s uncertain injury recovery timeline following his IL placement with a left elbow…

🚨 BREAKING MATTHEW BOYD UPDATE JUST CHANGED THE MOOD IN CHICAGO — The latest injury news surrounding Matthew Boyd is already grabbing the attention of Cubs fans everywhere, with growing belief that the veteran left-hander’s situation could have a major impact on Chicago’s pitching plans moving forward 👀🔥👇👇👇

The Chicago Cubs have been without Matthew Boyd in the starting rotation since he was placed on the 15-day IL on May 6. After being given a…

🚨 BREAKING ANOTHER MAJOR BLOW HITS BOSTON — Red Sox fans are anxiously searching for answers after Trevor Story’s sudden injury situation reportedly forced the veteran infielder toward the injured list, creating fresh concern about the stability of Boston’s infield at a critical point in the season 👀💔👇👇👇

RED SOX DISASTER GROWS: TREVOR STORY HEADED TO INJURED LIST AS BOSTON’S NIGHTMARE SEASON CONTINUES TO SPIRAL The nightmare season for the Boston Red Sox just took…

🚨 BREAKING PAUL O’NEILL JUST TOUCHED THE HEART OF NEW YORK — Yankees legend Paul O’Neill has reportedly donated $300,000 to a cancer relief fund in an emotional gesture that is bringing the Bronx to tears, with fans everywhere deeply moved after his powerful words: “I understand what that pain feels like…” 👀💔👇👇👇

In a moment that silenced the baseball world, Paul O’Neill — a legend associated with the golden age of the New York Yankees — announced a $300,000…

Gіаntѕ Predіcted To End Fаіled Rаfаel Deverѕ Exрerіment

іMаGe: аtlаntа Brаveѕ cаtcher ѕeаn Murрhy (12) lookѕ аt the ѕаn Frаncіѕco Gіаntѕ dugout аfter beіng hіt by а ріtch іn the fіrѕt іnnіng аt Truіѕt раrk….