REPORT: Mets manager reveals latest on Sean Manaea following oblique scare

Mets manager reveals latest on Sean Manaea following oblique scare

In February, it was announced that New York Mets pitcher Sean Manaea had been dealing with a right oblique injury. This quickly shadowed his availability for not just Opening Day but for the season.

He was not the only pitcher to feel some discomfort, either. Frankie Montas had experienced a high-grade right lat strain just a week before the Manaea news dropped.

However, the Mets received some good news regarding Manaea. Manager Carlos Mendoza gave an update on his starter, revealing that he had an MRI done that revealed no structural damage.

“Yes, he’s clear. He played catch for the first time two days ago. So, yeah, he is symptom free, he’s doing good, and like I said, he is already starting his throwing program,” said Mendoza.

The Amazins dodged a major bullet here. Oblique injuries can be tricky to recover from and have cost many pitchers plenty of games in the past.

“Well, I mean, we pretty much got to build him back up as a starter. The good thing is he’s feeling good, there’s nothing going on there in that oblique, and now he’s [throwing] 75 [feet], 90 [feet], and 120 [feet] before he gets on the mound” he added.

Mendoza could not pinpoint when he could return. Manaea is currently building his arm back up as a starter, throwing long tosses before returning to the mound.

Mets players have been going down with injuries left and right

New York Mets – Carlos Mendoza (Photo via IMAGN)

While the Mets have had a monster off-season, signing the likes of Juan Soto and Pete Alonso, they have seen key players get hurt. Just recently, they learned they will likely be without Jeff McNeil to start the season.

McNeil is currently dealing with an oblique injury that has shut him down. He will be off the field for seven-to-10 days, during which he will be reevaluated to see if he can resume baseball activities.

Francisco Alvarez is also another player who will miss time. He fractured his hamate bone during an aggressive swing just a few weeks ago, which required surgery.

He will be out for the foreseeable future but does have a target return date in mind. He is hoping to return to the lineup in six to eight weeks. Hopefully, Juan Soto, Pete Alonso, and Francisco Lindor can wreak havoc until the catcher can return.

Related Posts

🚨 BREAKING BOSTON DESPERATELY NEEDS A SPARK — After a frustrating start filled with offensive struggles, the Red Sox are now counting on one infielder to finally break out at the plate before the season begins slipping away, with pressure building fast inside Fenway Park 👀🔥👇👇👇

PRESSURE BUILDING IN BOSTON: RED SOX DESPERATELY NEED CALEB DURBIN TO WAKE UP OFFENSIVELY BEFORE SEASON SLIPS FURTHER AWAY The growing frustration surrounding the Boston Red Sox…

🚨 BREAKING PANIC IS GROWING IN THE BRONX — Yankees ace Max Fried has reportedly made a worrying admission about his injury situation, instantly sending concern through New York as fans fear the team’s championship hopes could already be facing a serious threat before the season reaches its most important stretch 👀💔👇👇👇

Getty Max Fried and Aaron Boone confer in the dugout as the Yankees navigate Fried’s uncertain injury recovery timeline following his IL placement with a left elbow…

🚨 BREAKING MATTHEW BOYD UPDATE JUST CHANGED THE MOOD IN CHICAGO — The latest injury news surrounding Matthew Boyd is already grabbing the attention of Cubs fans everywhere, with growing belief that the veteran left-hander’s situation could have a major impact on Chicago’s pitching plans moving forward 👀🔥👇👇👇

The Chicago Cubs have been without Matthew Boyd in the starting rotation since he was placed on the 15-day IL on May 6. After being given a…

🚨 BREAKING ANOTHER MAJOR BLOW HITS BOSTON — Red Sox fans are anxiously searching for answers after Trevor Story’s sudden injury situation reportedly forced the veteran infielder toward the injured list, creating fresh concern about the stability of Boston’s infield at a critical point in the season 👀💔👇👇👇

RED SOX DISASTER GROWS: TREVOR STORY HEADED TO INJURED LIST AS BOSTON’S NIGHTMARE SEASON CONTINUES TO SPIRAL The nightmare season for the Boston Red Sox just took…

🚨 BREAKING PAUL O’NEILL JUST TOUCHED THE HEART OF NEW YORK — Yankees legend Paul O’Neill has reportedly donated $300,000 to a cancer relief fund in an emotional gesture that is bringing the Bronx to tears, with fans everywhere deeply moved after his powerful words: “I understand what that pain feels like…” 👀💔👇👇👇

In a moment that silenced the baseball world, Paul O’Neill — a legend associated with the golden age of the New York Yankees — announced a $300,000…

Gіаntѕ Predіcted To End Fаіled Rаfаel Deverѕ Exрerіment

іMаGe: аtlаntа Brаveѕ cаtcher ѕeаn Murрhy (12) lookѕ аt the ѕаn Frаncіѕco Gіаntѕ dugout аfter beіng hіt by а ріtch іn the fіrѕt іnnіng аt Truіѕt раrk….