Juan Soto’s Red Sox free agency admission will catch fans’ attention

Just days after New York Mets outfielder Juan Soto visited one team he turned down in free agency, he visited another — and it turns out the Boston Red Sox made a serious run at him.

Soto spent last year with the New York Yankees, but opted to go across town and join the Mets on a 15-year, $765 million contract. As he told The Athletic, Boston was also a prime candidate.

“It was pretty fun, they showed a lot of love,” Soto said about negotiations with the Red Sox. “I really appreciated what they did and what they brought to the table. I think it was really impressive, what they bring over. I definitely sat down and looked at it and looked at the offers and everything they had for me. At the end of the day we went in another direction.”

And Soto is only human. He admitted that during his first trip to Fenway Park as a member of the Mets, he thought about what could have been.

“[On Monday] I was like ‘Oh d—, there was a chance for me to be a part of that lineup,’” Soto said. “But that’s in the past and I’m really happy where I’m at right now.”

He added that the Red Sox’ history and the city of Boston were two main selling points for him.

“I think, the history, what they have and how they go about it all,” he added. “The history of the ballpark, the city, the team. It’s a pretty good team and has a lot of Dominicans, and it was really impressive for me and really caught my eye.”

The Red Sox’ big 2024 offensive acquisition is doing just fine

Related Boston Red Sox NewsArticle continues below

Juan Soto's Red Sox free agency admission will catch fans' attention
Eric Canha-Imagn Images

When they missed on Soto, Boston instead opted for third baseman Alex Bregman. It’s still early, but all indications are both sides are happy with the arrangement.

Through 48 games, Bregman is hitting .303 with 11 home runs and a .955 OPS.

“Honestly, I feel like this has been the best I’ve hit in my career,” Bregman told ESPN last week.

He added that Boston is an organization where he believes he can win. Bregman already has two World Series rings with the Houston Astros, but he has been obsessive about improving and carrying his team as far as he can.

“I felt like it was a place I could win,” Bregman said. “I felt like it was a place where I could prove the caliber a player that I believe I am. And I wasn’t scared to go prove it.”

Related Posts

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: QUEENS MASTER PLAN comes into focus as Carlos Mendoza lays out the New York Mets’ “ultimate goal” for 2026, a declaration that sends a jolt through a franchise determined to transform promise into real, lasting power. Insiders are dissecting every word while fans flood social platforms sensing a cultural reset built on urgency, accountability, and a refusal to settle for mediocrity. The tone has shifted, the stakes are rising, and if this vision takes hold, Queens could be marching toward a new era faster than anyone expected..ll 👇👇👇

Mets enter 2026 with sky-high expectations after massive roster overhaul and bold championship mandate from Carlos Mendoza 4 The New York Mets enter the 2026 season carrying…

🚨 CONFIRM: ROTATION RESET IN QUEENS takes shape as Carlos Mendoza, skipper of the New York Mets, delivers a key announcement on rising arm Tobias Myers that instantly shifts expectations for the club’s pitching blueprint. Insiders are breaking down the manager’s tone and timing while fans flood social platforms sensing that Myers may be stepping into a role far bigger than initially planned. Momentum is building fast, and if this decision sparks the surge Mets fans are hoping for, the complexion of New York’s rotation could change in a heartbeat..ll 👇👇👇

The funny thing about a blockbuster trade is how it blinds people. Everyone stares at the headline name, the strikeouts, the ace label, and misses the quieter…

🚨 REPORT: BULLPEN SHAKEUP IN QUEENS looms as the New York Mets are projected to cut ties with a $2.5 million World Series champion and nine time All Star closer to clear space for a retooled, Devin Williams–anchored relief corps. Insiders are buzzing about tough decisions, roster math, and a new identity built around swing-and-miss dominance, while fans flood social platforms debating whether this move marks the end of an era. The message is unmistakable: the Mets are prioritizing power, precision, and a modern bullpen structure — and the fallout could reshape their late game strategy overnight..ll 👇👇👇

Craig Kimbrel’s Mets Future in Doubt as New York Prioritizes Roster Efficiency Over Sentiment 4 The New York Mets have spent much of the offseason reconstructing their…

🚨 BOMBSHELL: QUEENS MELTDOWN brews as the New York Mets’ massive $40 million gamble is suddenly being labeled a potential bust, sparking waves of concern across a fanbase already on edge. Analysts are tearing apart advanced metrics while social platforms erupt with debates over whether this high priced experiment is collapsing faster than anyone expected. The pressure is spiking, and if this trend continues, the Mets may be staring at one of the most expensive misfires in recent franchise memory..ll 👇👇👇

Getty The New York Mets caught the attention of Bleacher Report, which identified Jorge Polanco as a significant potential bust in the upcoming 2025-26 free-agent class. This…

🚨 REPORT: MVP MANDATE drops in Los Angeles as Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts publicly lays out sky high expectations for Mookie Betts, signaling that anything less than dominance won’t satisfy this clubhouse. Insiders are dissecting every word while fans flood social platforms debating whether this is motivation, pressure, or a calculated spark to ignite another historic campaign. The tone has been set, and if Betts answers the call, the rest of the National League may be bracing for a statement season unlike anything we have seen in years..ll 👇👇👇

Dave Roberts expects Mookie Betts to enter MVP conversation as Dodgers chase another title 4 As the Los Angeles Dodgers open spring training with ambitions of capturing…

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: FUTURE IN BLUE takes shape as the Los Angeles Dodgers quietly groom Emil Morales as the franchise’s next starting shortstop, a development that has scouts whispering about star level upside. Social platforms are lighting up with breakdowns of his footwork, bat speed, and poise beyond his years, fueling belief that a long term cornerstone may already be in the pipeline. The transition may not be immediate, but momentum is building fast, and the Dodgers’ next era up the middle could already be unfolding behind the scenes..ll 👇👇👇

Emil Morales emerges as the Dodgers’ highest-ranked infield prospect with star-level upside at shortstop 4 Within a Los Angeles Dodgers farm system overflowing with high-profile outfielders, one…