REPORT NEWS: Braves announcer catches heat for getting woman’s phone number on air during game

The Atlanta Braves have struggled on the field early in the season, and now team dugout reporter Wiley Ballard may be in hot water for his interaction with female fans Monday.  (Jason Getz/AJC 2023)

During the top of the fifth inning, Ballard, who often interviews fans from the stands at games, was talking with two women in a rooftop food and entertainment area at Rogers Centre in Toronto.

As part of his interaction with the women, he asked for their names and asked one of them, “Are you a Braves fan now?”
Her answer was, “Not quite.” Ballard then said, “I’m gonna go to work up here, guys. Good luck the rest of the way,” to Braves announcers in the TV booth for the telecast, though Ballard’s meaning at that point was unclear.
Then came Braves announcer Brandon Gaudin’s response: “OK, Wiley. You have five innings — four innings — to get the numbers.”

“I’m on it,” Ballard replied.

  • “To get some more Braves fans,” announcer C.J. Nitkowski said.
  • “I got the number. We’re good.”

    (via @FanDuelSNBraves) pic.twitter.com/AnPCBHXv5W

    — B/R Walk-Off (@BRWalkoff) April 15, 2025

  • The dialogue quickly turned to the announcers in the booth encouraging Ballard to get the women’s phone numbers and Ballard saying, “I’m going to use that in the future. That’s a pretty good move.”
  • One of the women entered her phone number into Ballard’s phone. Ballard then said, “I got the number. We’re good.”
  • There was a strong reaction from people who thought that Ballard’s actions and the urging from the other Braves announcers showed a double standard, saying that a woman announcer would face strong criticism for doing what Ballard did.
  • Neither Ballard nor Fan Duel Sports Network had issued a statement addressing the backlash as of noon Tuesday.

Related Posts

OFFICIAL: Seіyа Suzukі Commіtѕ to Cubѕ, Solіdіfyіng Wrіgleyvіlle Future.

This is major, official news for the Chicago Cubs and their fanbase! Star outfielder Seiya Suzuki has cemented his status as a long-term fixture in Wrigleyville by signing a “record-breaking contract extension” immediately following his successful 2025 campaign. Suzuki’s commitment is particularly significant given the rampant trade speculation he faced earlier in the year as …

Joѕh Smіth mіght ѕecretly be the moѕt underrаted Swіѕѕ-аrmy weарon іn bаѕebаll—аnd the evіdence іѕ gettіng too loud to іgnore.

Smith was never viewed as the type to be a major contributor offensively. His value mostly came from what he did on the field, but the improvements he’s made over the past few seasons cannot go unnoticed.Due to injury and poor performance from his teammates, Smith has gained a bigger chunk of playing time and has made the most of it. Through 84 games he is slashing .277/.354/.416 with eight home runs, nine stolen bases, and a 117 wRC+.

Gіаntѕ mаke а ѕhаrр bullрen move by lаndіng lefty Sаm Hentgeѕ on а one-yeаr deаl.

(Jіm Rаѕѕol-іmаgn іmаgeѕ) The ѕаn Frаncіѕco Gіаntѕ аre mаkіng а bet on uрѕіde, аgreeіng to а one-yeаr contrаct wіth left-hаnded relіever ѕаm Hentgeѕ worth $1.4 mіllіon, аccordіng…

INSIDER EXCLUSIVE: Brаveѕ’ $45 Mіllіon Stаr Trаde Sраrkѕ Debаte! Anаlyѕtѕ Reveаl Surрrіѕіng Logіc Behіnd the Controverѕіаl Move…

The аtlаntа Brаveѕ аre comіng off аn іncredіbly dіѕаррoіntіng ѕeаѕon. They were ѕuррoѕed to contend for the NL eаѕt tіtle. іnѕteаd, they were never іn the рlаyoff rаce аt…

INSIDE MLB: Could Miguel Sano Really Be a First Base Option for the 2026 Twins? Experts Are Shocked by This Bold Possibility…

The former аll-ѕtаr іѕ mаѕhіng іn the Domіnіcаn Wіnter Leаgue, аnd the Twіnѕ hаve а need, а budget, аnd (mаybe) а hіnt of noѕtаlgіа. But doeѕ thаt…

INSIDER REVEAL: Orioles’ Compensation for Ryan Helsley’s 2-Year Deal Shock Fans! The Numbers Behind the Move Are Unbelievable…

The Bаltіmore Orіoleѕ hаve mаde а couрle of moveѕ thіѕ offѕeаѕon, wіth theіr trаde for Tаylor Wаrd beіng the moѕt ѕtunnіng move thuѕ fаr. But they’ve аlѕo mаde а…