Ever since he started dating pop superstar Taylor Swift, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce has had many details of his personal life made public. Anytime Kelce and Swift, who’s arguably the most famous recording artist on the planet, go out in public together, it typically ends up on the front page of the tabloids.
The two have seemingly been inseparable since they started dating over a year-and-a-half ago. The All-Pro pass-catcher joined Swift on stage last year during her “Eras Tour,” and the “Shake It Off” singer attended several of Kansas City’s games over the last two seasons to support Kelce in person as he and the Chiefs attempted to win three straight Super Bowls. Though Kelce began the offseason deciding whether or not he wanted to retire or come back for his 13th NFL season, most fans expected he and Swift would finally get engaged at some point after the season ended.
And while an engagement may still be in the works, a new report from Us Weekly indicates that even if proposing was in the cards for Kelce sometime between the end of the season and the start of training camp in mid-July, he likely postponed those plans after he and Swift withdrew from the spotlight after facing so much backlash during the Super Bowl back in February.
“Taylor and Travis have learned that so much attention on their relationship is not the best thing,” a source told Us Weekly. “Kelce felt like he got caught up in his newfound fame.
“… As for a proposal, a source told Us in February that Kelce and Swift are ‘on the same page about taking the next step.’ But for now, they’re enjoying the quiet ‘without the outside noise, they can focus on each other.” While Kelce and Swift’s friends have reportedly encouraged them both to settle down and start a family, the inner circles of both stars have advised them to lay low for a while after Super Bowl LIX.
Swift was booed by Philadelphia Eagles fans after being shown on the Jumbotron and subsequently mocked on social media, and Kelce faced some backlash after comments he made about it being an honor to play in front of President Donald Trump were seemingly taken out of context.
Since KC’s 40-22 loss to the Eagles on Feb. 9, the couple have limited their public outings and disappeared from the public eye as they took an overseas vacation days after the Chiefs’ Super Bowl loss and another one not that long ago in Montana.