EXCLUSIVE: Andy Reid Provides Update on Travis Kelce’s Return and Offseason Training: ‘He’s Training Like Crazy’

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid recently shared big news about tight end Travis Kelce, who’s preparing for what could be his final NFL season.

After a tough Super Bowl loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Feb. 9, 2025, Kelce, 35, chose not to retire and has been “training like crazy” to get ready for next season.

Travis Kelce's reasons for Chiefs stay, Taylor Swift influence, private Andy Reid talks - The Mirror US

Reid revealed the update during a media session on April 1, stressing Kelce’s commitment to returning to the field.

Dive into Pro Football Network’s FREE Mock Draft Simulator and run a mock by yourself or with your friends!

Kelce Gears Up for Potential Farewell Season

A Pair of Reading Glasses That Can Look Far and near, Smart Zoom, Smart Color-Changing

Why Countless Elderly Americans Read Anywhere, Anytime with Confidence!

Reid said Kelce is all-in as he gears up for the 2025 season — one that could mark the end of a legendary career.

The future Hall of Famer made his decision to return less than a week after the Super Bowl, according to Reid, showing his continued love for football and loyalty to the team.

At 35, Kelce is still one of the top tight ends in the league, though last season brought challenges.

With Kansas City’s receiving corps hit by injuries — Rashee Rice, Marquise Brown and Isiah Pacheco all missed time — Kelce carried a heavy load on offense. He led the team with 133 targets but finished with career lows in receiving yards (823) and touchdowns (three). The Chiefs are now working to better support him in the offense while also managing his workload.

Reid admitted that limiting Kelce’s snaps could help, especially since he played 940 snaps last season — 84% of the Chiefs’ offensive plays.

Known for his work ethic and drive to stay on the field, Kelce may have to adjust. “I’ll see when he comes back and see where he’s at,” Reid said. “He’s learning when to come out when he needs it.”

Easy Trick to Protect Your Kitchen From Mice (They Can’t Stand This)!

Most people don’t know how to stop mice without traps, but did you know…

Kelce’s performance in Super Bowl 59 showed some of the offense’s struggles.

He finished with just four catches for 39 yards and didn’t have a first-half reception — the first time that’s happened in his postseason career.

The Eagles’ defense took advantage of the Chiefs’ offensive line, sacking Patrick Mahomes six times and throwing off the team’s rhythm.

After the game, Kelce said on his “New Heights” podcast that he had considered retirement. But by early March, he confirmed he’d be back.

“The biggest thing is that I love playing the game of football,” Kelce said. “I still feel like I can play at a high level and possibly at a higher level than I did last year.”

With Kelce back, the Chiefs have moved to reinforce the receiving group. They re-signed Brown and will enter 2025 with Brown, Rice and rookie Xavier Worthy as their top three wideouts. The team may also add another pass-catcher in the draft to help take pressure off Kelce.

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt welcomed the news of Kelce’s return, saying, “He loves the game, he loves his teammates, and I know coach Reid is excited to have his energy back in the building for at least one more year.”

Kelce remains focused during a tough offseason training program, aiming for another strong season and another title run.

Whether this is his final year or not, his passion for football is still going strong.

Related Posts

🚨 BREAKING: Cowboys Reach Final Verdict on Micah Parsons’ Extension

The Dallas Cowboys and star edge rusher Micah Parsons were at the center of NFL discourse on Tuesday, April 1, as the owners’ meetings continued in Palm…

BREAKING: Kyle Shanahan has gone viral for looking like a completely different person from when he started coaching the 49ers until now.

The San Francisco 49ers head coach has gotten tantalizingly close to winning a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, falling just short has alarmingly aged him.

NFL Mock Draft: 49ers Take Alabama LB Jihaad Campbell with 11th Pick

By far the best player the 49ers must replace this offseason is Dre Greenlaw. And that’s why CBS projects the 49ers to take Alabama linebacker Jihaad Campbell.

BREAKING NEWS: 49ers’ Kyle Shanahan details positions of need, is eager for more competition

Shanahan cited spots — including kicker — where there will be competition this summer while Jed York talked about Brock Purdy’s contract.

Chiefs Buck Trend In Mock Draft Update With ‘Game-Changer’

The Kansas City Chiefs have well-known offensive line issues, and even the signing of Jaylon Moore has done little to convince that Patrick Mahomes’ protection will hold…

NFL analyst explains what Dallas Cowboys must do at pick No. 12 in NFL Draft

Ryan Clark says the Dallas Cowboys have to find a way to make things easier on the offense at pick No. 12 in the NFL Draft.