Mets avoid arbitration drama, reach deals with David Peterson and five others

There will be no arbitration drama for the 2025 Mets.

The Mets on Thursday reached one-year contract agreements with each of their arbitration-eligible players: righties Paul Blackburn and Tylor Megill, lefty David Peterson, outfielders Jose Siri and Tyrone Taylor, and catcher Luis Torrens.

Megill settled at $1.975 million, according to a source.

Mets avoid arbitration drama, reach deals with David Peterson and five others
David Peterson and the Mets avoided arbitration. Corey Sipkin / New York Post

Siri agreed to terms for $2.4 million, according to FanSided.

The other four salaries were not immediately known, but none will require dreaded arbitration cases.

Last year, the Mets went to arbitration with reliever Phil Bickford, who won the case but was released in March.

This winter, the Mets already had settled with righty Sean Reid-Foley on an $800,000 pact to avoid arbitration.

Blackburn and Megill will represent depth for a rotation that will include Peterson after a breakout 2024 season.

Siri, an electric outfielder who posted just a .620 OPS in 130 games with the Rays last season, will compete for time in center field with Taylor, who can play all three outfield spots after a strong first season in Queens.

Mets avoid arbitration drama, reach deals with David Peterson and five others
Tylor Megill and the Mets avoided arbitration. Jason Szenes for New York Post

Torrens is penciled in as the backup to Francisco Alvarez after coming over from the Yankees in a late-May trade and not hitting much but throwing out 13 of 28 would-be base-stealers.

Related Posts

Braves hitting coach just revealed surprising reason behind Ozzie Albies’ struggles

Atlanta Braves second baseman Ozzie Albies hasn’t had the season anyone hoped for. However, it does appear as though there is an understandable reason for that.

Cora’s Steady Hand in Boston Even as one of his pitchers battles through a rough stretch, Alex Cora is keeping the faith. ⚾️ The Red Sox skipper says patience is key — trusting the process, backing his guy, and believing the talent will shine through. – NEWS USA

Boston Red Sox manager Alex Cora isn’t giving up on a relief pitcher following another rough outing on Saturday.

☘️ Cora’s Steady Hand in Boston ☘️ Even as one of his pitchers battles through a rough stretch, Alex Cora is keeping the faith. ⚾️ The Red Sox skipper says patience is key — trusting the process, backing his guy, and believing the talent will shine through.

Boston Red Sox manager Alex Cora isn’t giving up on a relief pitcher following another rough outing on Saturday.

Staying Or Going? Insider Addresses Trevor Story-Red Sox Opt-Out

The Boston Red Sox signed two-time All-Star ahead of the 2022 season with the hope that he could be a key right-handed bat in the middle of the order for years

⚾️ From the Mound іn Boѕton ⚾️ Newly аcquіred аrm Duѕtіn Mаy іѕ oрenіng uр аbout the tough trаnѕіtіon ѕіnce hіѕ trаde to the Red Sox. 🤕 The tаlented ріtcher аdmіtted the аdjuѕtment hаѕn’t been eаѕy — wіth ѕtruggleѕ on the fіeld teѕtіng both hіѕ confіdence аnd rhythm.

After a brutal showing against the Pirates, Dustin May opened up about his early struggles with the Red Sox.

Former Yankees Pitcher Could Impact Playoff Race

A former New York Yankees pitcher could now have say in how the American league playoff picture shapes up after joining a new organization. Per MLB.com’s trans