Garrett Crochet Opens Up On Blockbuster Trade To Red Sox

Garrett Crochet dealt with trade rumors for months, but it wasn’t until Wednesday that the Chicago White Sox finally moved the standout starting pitcher.

Crochet ended up landing with the Boston Red Sox, who gave up four prospects, including their last two first-round picks in Kyle Teel and Braden Montgomery, to acquire the 25-year-old left-hander.

Crochet had been with the White Sox ever since they drafted him 11th overall in 2020. He had gone through a lot with the organization, jumping right from college to MLB, enduring Tommy John surgery that wiped out his 2022 campaign and emerging as an All-Star starting pitcher this past season while Chicago lost an historic 121 games.

All those experiences made it hard for Crochet to say goodbye to the White Sox, but it didn’t dampen his eagerness to join his new team.

“There’s definitely a bittersweet feeling,” Crochet told MLB.com’s Scott Merkin on Thursday. “Feeling like the White Sox were the team that first believed in me. But I guess this game is such a business side of things that I’m just excited to be a Red Sox now.”

Story continues below advertisement

Crochet started garnering interest during the middle of this past season as he tormented opposing batters with a lethal arsenal of pitches. The left-hander recorded 209 strikeouts in 146 innings to go along with a 3.58 ERA and a 1.096 WHIP.

Despite his performances on the mound and the fact he’s just entering his prime, Crochet told Merkin there were never any contract talks between him and the White Sox.

The White Sox ultimately decided to cash in on Crochet’s talent by acquiring some top-tier prospects from the Red Sox while Chicago is in the middle of a massive rebuild. Teel was the highest-rated of the bunch, ranking as Boston’s fourth-best prospect prior to the trade.

Crochet doesn’t hold any feelings of ill will toward the White Sox or general manager Chris Getz for how things turned out. In fact, he’s happy he and the White Sox both made out in the deal with Chicago getting a haul of prospects and Crochet going to a storied franchise steeped in baseball history.

Story continues below advertisement

“Part of me, when rumors and everything started going around, I was just thinking, ‘Damn, Chris. You better get a pretty big package because I value myself pretty highly. I hope you are able to cash in,’” Crochet said. “I think he did pretty well. Selfishly thinking, he put me in a pretty good spot where I can go and have success.”

Related Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Dodgerѕ Icon Mаnny Motа Breаkѕ Hіѕ Sіlence on Cаncer Bаttle — Loѕ Angeleѕ Pаuѕeѕ іn Collectіve Teаrѕ…

іn аn аnnouncement thаt left the entіre Loѕ аngeleѕ bаѕebаll communіty choked uр, Mаnny Motа, the Dodgerѕ legend known for hіѕ unрredіctаble hіttіng ѕkіllѕ аnd decаdeѕ of…

🚨 EXCLUSIVE FENWAY STRIKES BACK JUST 24 HOURS AFTER HOUSTON WALKS AWAY FROM A WORLD SERIES PROVEN ALL STAR ACE, THE RED SOX SWOOP IN AND SNATCH THE MOST DOMINANT FREE AGENT PITCHER LEFT ON THE MARKET IN A POWER MOVE THAT STUNS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. Whаt looked lіke heѕіtаtіon from one contender іnѕtаntly becаme oррortunіty for Boѕton’ѕ front offіce, flірріng the nаrrаtіve аnd ѕendіng ѕhockwаveѕ through clubhouѕeѕ аcroѕѕ MLB. Aѕ rіvаl executіveѕ ѕcrаmble аnd fаnѕ flood tіmelіneѕ іn dіѕbelіef, thіѕ bold ѕteаl could reѕhарe the Amerіcаn Leаgue аrmѕ rаce before ѕрrіng even ѕettleѕ. 👇👇

The MLB offѕeаѕon аррeаred to be enterіng іtѕ quіet рhаѕe аѕ ѕрrіng trаіnіng drew cloѕer.Moѕt of the mаrquee free аgentѕ hаd аlreаdy ѕіgned, аnd front offіceѕ were…

🚨 BOMBSHELL: A NEW ERA DECLARED IN QUEENS Steve Cohen made it crystal clear that the New York Mets will never name a captain under his ownership, signaling a philosophical shift that could redefine clubhouse hierarchy and ignite debate across baseball about tradition, leadership and identity in modern franchises..ll 👇👇👇

The New York Mets are entering the 2026 season under a cloud of recalibration, and owner Steve Cohen made it clear this week that one symbolic tradition…

🚨 REPORT: TENSION RISES IN QUEENS Kyle Tucker reportedly left Steve Cohen frustrated behind the scenes, stirring buzz around the New York Mets as insiders hint that one unexpected moment may have shifted the tone of negotiations and sparked fresh speculation across baseball circles..ll 👇👇👇

The Los Angeles Dodgers once again turned the offseason into their personal showcase, and this time the ripple effects were felt most sharply in Queens. For months,…

🚨 REPORT: DEPTH TESTED IN LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Dodgers moved swiftly to add a former All Star infielder after the crushing injury setback to Tommy Edman, signaling urgency behind the scenes as October ambitions hang in the balance and fans anxiously track every roster twist across the league..ll 👇👇👇

The Los Angeles Dodgers will open the 2026 MLB season carrying the weight of history and the opportunity to cement a modern dynasty. Only a handful of…

🚨 BOMBSHELL: HOLLYWOOD POWER MOVE UNLEASHED The Los Angeles Dodgers are linked to a proposed $100 million blockbuster that would bring in a two time All Star and DPOY caliber force to finalize a terrifying outfield alongside Teoscar Hernández and Kyle Tucker, sending shockwaves through the league as rivals brace for a star studded takeover in October..ll 👇👇👇

The Los Angeles Dodgers have once again dominated offseason headlines, reinforcing their reputation as baseball’s most aggressive and calculated powerhouse. After back to back championship campaigns, the…